Saturday, March 01, 2008

Floyd Jr. and the WWE

Speaking of Floyd Mayweather Jr., the WWE and credibility, look no further than the following videos to see what I'm talking about. I love the sport of boxing, passionately and consider myself a boxing purist. When I see this type of crap going on it literally breaks my heart. Now I have never been in the position to have to turn down $20,000,000 dollars, (the amount may or may not be true) and I can't honestly say I wouldn't do the same thing, but there is something sacrilegious about the supposed (I say supposed because I disagree) pound for pound champ selling out boxing's credibility and his own legacy for any amount of money.







2 comments:

brian said...

More proof that pro wrasslin' is fake;I say 20 million cents is more like it.And if he gets that,he's doin' ok.If I didn't think Oscar could win the rematch...I remember Chuck Wepner landing his best shot on Andre the Giant-and his arm folding like an accordion-and then Andre flinging Wepner into orbit...Also,Ali's 'finest hour' wasn't with Antonio Inoki.And Joe Louis got hurt doing it;Cowboy Rocky Lee,screwed up and landed with both feet on Louis,breaking three ribs(Cornermen-I think p.298).

Randy De La O said...

Interesting story. Joe shoulda stuck with boxing, it suddenly sounds safer.

Memorial Day 2024

To those that gave the ultimate sacrifice defending American ideals and freedom, and to the families that endured the loss, we g...