Friday, May 02, 2008

Oscar De La Hoya vs Steve Forbes


Former IBF and USBA Super Featherweight Champ Steve Forbes will be taking on Oscar De La Hoya, in what many consider a "tune up" fight for Oscar. No doubt Oscar will win this fight, but as he learned when he fought Felix Sturm in 2004, don't take anything for granted. I expect Forbes, who is a competent fighter in his own right, to make the best of his "Golden" opportunity. Forbes was also a participant of "the Contenders" reality boxing series.

I'll be out of town this weekend and may or may not see this one. The fight will be taking place at The Home Depot Center in Carson, California, tomorrow, Saturday May 3, 2008 and will be aired on HBO.

2 comments:

brian said...

I missed it.I expect Oscar to win his rematch with Mayweather-and I'm glad to see he took a fight before it.

Randy De La O said...

I still haven't seen it. I'm with you, I still think Oscar can beat Mayweather.

Carl Weathers 1948 2024

Very sad news. Carl Weathers has passed away. I do not yet know the circumstances.  He was, literally,  the other ha...