Saturday, October 10, 2009

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

The saying goes something like this "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" and it's true and I suppose I should feel extremely flattered that Fightnews.Ca (Fightnews.Com Candian version) lifted 50% of my review of the "Toy Tiger" and presented it as an original article. I honestly don't mind if someone uses any one of my articles, I do it myself but I always credit the author. It's called professional courtesy.

Unlike fightnews.com and fightnews.ca, I am a one man operation and I don't do this for money. I run this website because I love boxing. When I write something It belongs to me. It's like art. I wouldn't take someone's painting and pass it off as my own. To do so is plagiarism. It's outright theft. My writing comes from me. I take the time and choose my words carefully to write an article that I believe best represents my thoughts and views on a chosen subject. I resent anyone stealing my words verbatim from me and passing them off as their own.

Make the comparison yourself and if I'm wrong I'll eat my monitor and my hat.

http://boxing-ring.blogspot.com/2009/10/toy-tiger-premier-el-portal-theatre.html

http://www.fightnews.ca/2009/news/hafey20091007.htm

Fightnews, either credit me or remove the article or pay me!

2 comments:

brian said...

That sucks...did you contact/email them..?

Randy De La O said...

Yes, I did email them but I haven't heard anything from them. I think it's chickenshit.

Carl Weathers 1948 2024

Very sad news. Carl Weathers has passed away. I do not yet know the circumstances.  He was, literally,  the other ha...