Friday, December 17, 2010

Marco Antonio Barrera vs Kennedy McKinney - 1996


As long as I'm talking about the Marco Antonio Barrera vs Kennedy McKinney fight, I might as well just show you. This is the fight that made a Barrera fan out of me. He showed a lot of grit in this fight. I'll give credit to McKinney too, it takes two to make a great fight. The fight was shown on HBO and was the first telecast of "HBO After Dark". The fight took place at the Great Western Forum in Inglewood, California on February 3, 1996. The referee was Pat Russell, who was recently inducted into the California Hall of Fame. The fight was stopped at 2:05 of the 12rh round.

No comments:

Carl Weathers 1948 2024

Very sad news. Carl Weathers has passed away. I do not yet know the circumstances.  He was, literally,  the other ha...