Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Emile Griffith Has Passed Away

Emile Griffith
2008 World boxing Hall of Fame
(Photo Credit: Monica Farris)
Regarding the above photo: I took a few photos of Griffith that day and this photo was mixed in with the ones I took. Monica Farris, wife of my friend Rick Farris, took this photo that day. My apologies. No harm no foul! I never want to take credit for something I did not do.


Emile Griffith, Roger Esty and Gaspar Oetega
Emile Griffith, Roger Esty and  Gaspar Ortega
at the 2009 World Boxing Hall of Fame

Former middleweight champion Emile Griffith passed away today Another great loss for boxing. I  took these two photo of the late, great Emile Griffith, respectively, in 2008 and 2009 at the World Boxing Hall of Fame at the Los Angeles Airport Marriott Hotel.My good friend, artist Roger Esty is shown with Griffith and Ortega in the bottom photo. I'm happy to say I shook Emile Griffith's  hand and sad to say I forgot to take a picture with him.

Griffith story was told in the documentary "Ring of Fire" a few years back. I'm posting it here in it's entirety. 

R.I.P Emile Griffith


1 comment:

Keith said...

I recently watched this documentary after his passing. Great watch.

Carl Weathers 1948 2024

Very sad news. Carl Weathers has passed away. I do not yet know the circumstances.  He was, literally,  the other ha...