Friday, January 09, 2015

The Ring Magazine (March 2015)




By Randy De La O

You know I don't like posting anything negative. I also don't want to one of those guys that rant and rave about how great it was in my day. But when I see the cover of the latest Ring Magazine then I have to throw in the towel. I have to concede to those who have told me so.

Here it is in living color: the future of boxing. This is it? Good fighters all but I don;t see a even hint of greatness in any of them.

When I think of great fighters, I think of Duran, Hagler, Hearns and Leonard, or Arguello, Pryor, Benitez, Sanchez or Gomez. In the Heavyweights. Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Quarry, Holyfield, and Tyson.

Going back even further in any weight: Louis, Robinson, Marciano, Olivares and so many more that it would be hours before I could even finish an unfinished list. I don't even need the full names. The last name is recognizable all by them selves.

This is what I would expect from a Mad magazine parody of the Ring magazine. If this is the future of boxing than boxing is in trouble!

No comments:

Carl Weathers 1948 2024

Very sad news. Carl Weathers has passed away. I do not yet know the circumstances.  He was, literally,  the other ha...