Thursday, November 08, 2007

Sugar Shane Mosley vs Miguel Cotto

Photo courtesy of Fightnews.com



I think that when all is said and done this Saturday night it will be less a fight than an undressing and spanking of Miguel Cotto. Despite his age, and his losses to Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright, "Sugar" Shane Mosley is a great fighter, and in spite of his undefeated record, Miguel Cotto is only a good fighter. Never mind the hype either, Cotto is no Felix Trinidad. Aside from that Mosley has the speed and KO advantage, and experience will count here. I expect to see Mosley dominate in every way, speed, power, ring generalship and in the intangibles. Add to that, they will be using eight ounce gloves.....

I don't think I'm being overly optimistic either. From a physical standpoint, this guy is made to order for Mosley. It would have made more sense financially for Cotto to seek a fight with Oscar De La Hoya. I don't think he would win that fight either, but it would have been his one chance at the pot of gold. His stock will head south Sunday morning. I'm still of the mind that Mosley can and will eventually fight and beat "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather. That's the fight I'm waiting for.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you called it right;this was just one of those fights where"luck" is an issue in picking the winner.I don't think Cotto is great either.Mosely,just got a little "old".I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Carl Weathers 1948 2024

Very sad news. Carl Weathers has passed away. I do not yet know the circumstances.  He was, literally,  the other ha...