Friday, April 30, 2010

Legendary Fights"Hagler vs Hearns"



Speaking of great fights (I'm hopeful) here's one from the 1980's. Two guys you might have heard of; Marvelous Marvin Hagler and Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns. This is what boxing is all about and it doesn't get any better than this. I know at least one of the fighters fighting this weekend has the potential to make a great fight happen maybe the other one will surprise us. I don't even have to name names. Tell me which fighters popped in to your head when you read this. Yeah, I know.

The "Fight" took place on April 15th, 1985 and it still sets the bar for exciting none stop action. Enjoy it and remember.

No comments:

Carl Weathers 1948 2024

Very sad news. Carl Weathers has passed away. I do not yet know the circumstances.  He was, literally,  the other ha...