Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hap Navarro 1919-2014

The above photo shows Hap Navarro (L) presenting an award to Manuel Ortiz.


By Randy De La O

My condolences to the family and friends of Gabriel "Hap" Navarro. Hap was matchmaker and publicist at the old Hollywood Legion Stadium in the 1950's, as well as a writer and boxing historian. He was a great friend to boxing and in particular, California and West Coast Boxing, He saw much of it first hand. Hap was a much loved figure in the boxing world.

I never met the man in person but I did correspond with him for a time. He was generous with his friendship and his knowledge. He will be missed. R.I.P. Hap!

No comments:

Carl Weathers 1948 2024

Very sad news. Carl Weathers has passed away. I do not yet know the circumstances.  He was, literally,  the other ha...