Monday, August 31, 2015

A Deleted Scene From Rocky 1976

Click Photo For a Larger View

My thanks to my friend Rene Ramirez for finding this photo of a deleted scene from the 1976 movie "Rocky". The scene was filmed at the Main Street Gym in Downtown Los Angeles. I just saw this for the first time a few days ago. I'm on the left in white trunks and wearing hand wraps. The older man in the white shirt is my late manager/trainer Mel Epstein.Just to the front of me is Boxer Monroe Brookes. In the center of the photo is actor Stan Shaw. On the right is Carl Weathers as Apollo Creed.

This was almost 40 years ago. Time flies when you're having fun! I have a lot great memories of those days and the filming of Rocky was one of the best! Thank you Rene Ramirez!

There are a few more photos on this website. I'm in a few of them if you look closely. The website explains the scene. http://theeditroomfloor.blogspot.com/…/lost-scenes-of-rocky…

Addendum: I am 99.9 % certain that the big bare chested guy in the back row is heavyweight boxer Bernardo Mercado.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Right on Randy!

Unknown said...

Right on Randy!

Randy De La O said...

Thanks Rene, I just saw this!!

Carl Weathers 1948 2024

Very sad news. Carl Weathers has passed away. I do not yet know the circumstances.  He was, literally,  the other ha...