Sunday, December 05, 2010

A Night at the Fights for my Daughter and Friends

Meranda De La O and Oscar De La Hoya

A few weeks ago my daughter Meranda won some tickets to the Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis fight on the 27th of last month, via a contest on Twitter (Marquez won by a 9th round KO). Oscar and Golden Boy Promotions gave Meranda the VIP treatment. My daughter and her gal pals as well as the husband of one of her friends were all given good seats, and my daughter got to spend some time with Oscar and attend the post fight press conference. They all had a great time. These are a few of the photos she took. My thanks to Golden Boy  Promotions and Oscar De La Hoya for being a true gentleman with my daughter.

Meranda (center) and friends



Oscar De La Hoya
Marquez and Katsidis moments before the fight
was stopped by Referee Kenny Bayless
Marquez speaking at the post fight press confrence


Andre Berto at the post fight conference.
Berto stopped Freddy Hernandez in the 1st round

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Carl Weathers 1948 2024

Very sad news. Carl Weathers has passed away. I do not yet know the circumstances.  He was, literally,  the other ha...